We didn't have 3 bananas so I used 2 bananas and 2 small apples!!!!
- 1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste (organic)
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional).....didn't use these!
1In lg bowl, mix the 1st 4 ingredients.
2Mix bananas, sugar, egg and butter.
3Stir into dry mixture just until moistened.
4Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
5Combine first 3 topping ingredients.
6Cut in butter until crumbly.
7Sprinkle over muffins.
8Bake at 375° for about 20 minutes, until muffins test done.
9Cool in pan for 10 minutes.