Here is a new one I found!!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper and salt (or salt substitute) to taste
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Directions: Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. On a rimmed cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, place squash with the rind facing up. Bake for 45–60 minutes, until very soft. Let cool for 5 minutes and scoop out the insides, being careful not to include the outer skin.
Place the squash in a casserole dish. Sauté garlic and onion in the olive oil, and mix into the squash. Stir in bread crumbs, pepper and salt. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover the dish with foil or a lid. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes (or longer if ingredients have cooled). Serves 6.